We are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer to join our team in Leicester on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with at least one year of commercial experience of Azure to join a team of Data Engineer responsible for providing, developing, and supporting solutions and at the same time utilizing your experience to contribute to the overall architecture and delivery.
We promote and value individual development and opportunities are provided to learn new technologies and support for certifications.
You will be given the opportunity to grow and take on responsibility in a challenging but rewarding environment and gain valuable commercial experience.
Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- work as part of Agile teams of developers, analysts and testers to successfully build and support solutions involving data
- contribute to the analysis of business data requirements, developing strategies and data models
- design, build, migrate and transform solutions involving large sets of data
- identify underlying data issues using necessary tools
- prototyping and proof of concepts to support, test and validate design concepts
- troubleshooting and diagnosis of data and design issues
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- at least five years’ experience programming in T-SQL and utilising all elements of Microsoft SQL Server
- full exposure or experience within elements of the BI stack (SSIS, SSRS , SSAS)
- proven experience developing enterprise traditional Microsoft BI/Data Warehousing solutions
- commercial experience working with one or more of the following Azure data services (ADS):
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Store
- Azure SQL DB and Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Analysis Services with DAX
- CI/CD using Azure DevOps
- experience of working within Agile teams and understand agile way of working
- hands on experience with Databricks
- experience working with various data formats like Parquet, Avro, CSV, JSON and XML and other unstructured formats in batch environments
- knowledge of NoSQL databases
- understanding of distributed data processing and MPP databases
- an understanding of the finance industry, specifically pensions
BENEFITS YOU GET IN RETURN:
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support and a great office environment*, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
HOW TO APPLY:
* this role is available as remote / office based, with an expectation to work a couple of days a month in the office when government guidelines state it is safe to do so.
How do we deal with sensitive information
Please be aware not all of our vacancies are open to agencies and may be available to direct candidates only.
Mattioli Woods does not promote sending speculative CVs. However, any speculative CVs sent to us will be treated as the property of Mattioli Woods plc and will be considered void within 6 months if no relevant role is available within that time-frame.