We are currently recruiting for an Information Security Engineer to join our IT team in Leicester on a permanent basis.
The Information Security Engineer will join an established IT infrastructure team to provide specialist knowledge and experience in the fields of Security, Identity and Compliance. This role will be expected to research, recommend, and implement new security technologies and techniques. You will be given the opportunity to grow and take on responsibility in a challenging but rewarding environment and gain valuable commercial experience.
Overview of the security of all systems.
- regular collaboration with the wider IT and Group Risk departments around security and data governance with planned approach to resolving matters
- research new security trends and recommend changes to solutions and practises
- work alongside auditors to highlight security issues and plan corrective work
- stay up-to-date on IT trends and security standards
- maintain security upkeep of all systems i.e. patching updates, regular audit reviews of permissions and controls of all systems
- document all procedures, including change management
- research and development of new technologies to help deliver the service for the business i.e. Microsoft’s Security, Identity and Compliance stack as part of Azure and Office 365 controls
- work with the development team on any new products and solutions to ensure the correct security technologies and governance standards are being employed
- manage project delivery with relevant documentation i.e. scope, test scripts and release documentation
- arrange regular pen testing and phishing exercises with follow remediation work to be carried out and documented
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- at least five years’ strong experience of Windows Server administration
- proven record of developing company-wide best practices for IT security
- strong networking skills
- experience with Azure and Office 365, oneyear minimum experience
- experience with Microsoft’s cloud security products; Defender for Endpoint, Defender for Identity, Defender for O365
- strong experience with modern hacking techniques and user deception methods
- deployment and configuration of detection and response systems
- experience with Zero Trust security strategy
- experience with security investigations and permission reviews
- experience with penetration testing
BENEFITS YOU GET IN RETURN:
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support and a great office environment*, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply you can complete this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* this role is available as remote/office based, with an expectation to work one day per week in the office when government guidelines state it is safe to do so.
How do we deal with sensitive information
Please be aware not all of our vacancies are open to agencies and may be available to direct candidates only.
Mattioli Woods does not promote sending speculative CVs. However, any speculative CVs sent to us will be treated as the property of Mattioli Woods plc and will be considered void within 6 months if no relevant role is available within that time-frame.