We are recruiting for a Senior HR Business Partner, reporting into the Head of HR to join our People Team in Leicester on a permanent basis. The People team provide valuable support to all business units / departments across the Mattioli Woods Group – there is rarely a project that does not involve the People Team!
The successful candidate will manage a team and have a dedicated business unit they support, where they will be expected to drive change, make changes whilst working closely with the Head of HR to support the overall business strategy and ensure that the HR strategy is fully embedded within the Group. You will have Business Partners reporting into yourself; and will be expected to lead in the areas of HR strategy, engagement, employment law, policies, Workday and transactional day to day support.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
A key and the most important requirement will be to work closely in partnership with various departments and key stake holders of Mattioli Woods. Our Senior HR Business Partner will also be expected to:
- provide expert advice on UK employment legislation and management of employment relations cases, TUPE and acquisitions and mergers (including due diligence), end of contract negotiations
- provide advice on performance and capability, absence, grievance and disciplinaries
- managing high level projects with high levels of communication
- assist the creating, maintaining, communication and training of policies and procedures
- work with managers to ensure annual performance appraisals are completed
- manage and support change in the business as it grows with acquisitions and mergers
- carry out regular audits of the People Team, implementing change and processes
- design training programmes to support the development of key stake holders
- assist in the building, implementation, and continuous development of Workday
- provide regular support on Workday processes, ensuring effective training is taking place and employees are using the system correctly
- ensure payroll for relevant business areas is processed in a timely and accurate manner
- work closely with the Head of HR and management to implement employee engagement initiatives
- understand and advise on suitable employee benefits options for employees
- working closely with the Head of HR, ensuring that the annual budgeting process is completed and maintained in a timely manner
- working closely with Head of HR in implementing a HR strategy
- managing and providing support to apprenticeship employees with manager and college meetings
- working in line with the recruitment strategy and challenge recruitment with the leadership team if required
- managing the HR Business Partners, agreeing their key objectives in line with the annual appraisal and regularly evaluate their performance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- a CIPD Level 5 qualification (or working towards a Level 7)
- comprehensive understanding of Workday
- an understanding of SMCR and FCA regulations
- experience and understanding of running payroll
- ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy, both in writing and verbally
- experience in managing medium to large scale projects
- knowledge of Employment Law (Tribunal, SAR’s, Processes, Policy writing, TUPE transfers & acquisitions)
BENEFITS YOU GET IN RETURN:
In addition to excellent career progression, training, support and a great office environment*, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities. Excellent career progression, with fantastic opportunities for promotion.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
Do not forget, it is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
HOW TO APPLY:
*all roles will be work from home until government guidelines state it is safe to return to a working environment.