We are currently recruiting for a Senior Tester to join our IT team in Leicester on a permanent basis.
This is an opportunity for a talented Senior/Lead QA Tester to join a team working along projects and integration teams in Agile environment. You will have the opportunity to contribute to full lifecycle testing for projects and small business changes, working with cross functional teams using cloud and data technologies to grow and take on responsibility in a challenging but rewarding environment to gain valuable technical and commercial experience.
- gathering test requirements from specifications and creation of detail test plans
- responsible for test planning, execution and reporting
- clear identification of risks, issues and mitigations
- timely escalation of risks and issues
- good interpersonal and clear communication skills
- contribute to program/project review meetings
- provide technical guidance and expertise to team members and colleagues
- manage activities of QA team members
- introduce best practices and quality improvements
- act as gate keeper for QA releases
- timely recording of effort and frequent updates to sprint boards.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- minimum 7+ years of experience working as QA tester with at least two years in lead/senior capacity
- experience with functional and non-functional testing, test management and reporting
- experience of building a test function
- experience with manual testing
- good understanding of defect life cycle
- demonstrable experience with web applications and API testing, MSstack inc Azure
- demonstrable experience with backend database testing (SQL server, SSIS, Azure data factory)
- experience in test management tools like azure DevOps, hp ALM
- working in agile scrum environment
- certification ISTQB/ISEB foundation
BENEFITS YOU GET IN RETURN:
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support and a great office environment*, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
HOW TO APPLY:
* this role is available as remote/office based, with an expectation to work a couple of days a month in the office when government guidelines state it is safe to do so
How do we deal with sensitive information
Please be aware not all of our vacancies are open to agencies and may be available to direct candidates only.
Mattioli Woods does not promote sending speculative CVs. However, any speculative CVs sent to us will be treated as the property of Mattioli Woods plc and will be considered void within 6 months if no relevant role is available within that time-frame.