We are currently recruiting for two Senior Software Developers to join our team in Leicester on a permanent basis.
We are looking for full stack developers with experience of developing applications using Microsoft technologies, to join a team of talented developers working in Agile environment. We promote and value individual development and opportunities are provided to learn new technologies and support for certifications.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on projects in Agile scrum environment with cross functional teams using cloud technologies to grow and take on responsibility in a challenging but rewarding environment and gain valuable technical and commercial experience.
Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- demonstrate coding skills to higher standards and develop solutions to agreed standards and timelines
- automated unit testing with good code coverage for projects
- support lead/senior developer with analysis and estimation
- timely recording of effort and frequent updates to sprint boards
- breaking down of user stories into tasks and working through sprint boards
- support QA testing and production issues
- prototyping and proof of concepts to support, test and validate design concept
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- minimum seven years of commercial experience in developing solutions using Microsoft technologies as full stack developer
- minimum one year of commercial experience of using cloud technologies, preferably Azure
- .Net, Core, MVC, C#, jQuery, Bootstrap, Web API
- entity framework
- SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procs
- working in Agile Scrum environment
- Azure DevOps or similar (ex – Jira)
- previous experience with automated unit testing (Test driven development)
- previous experience of implementing SOLID principles and Design patterns
- Microsoft certification (Ex – MCA, MCP)
- experience of using Angular/React/Vue
- automated Code reviews (Ex – SonarQube, CodeFactor)
- experience with NoSQL databases (CosmosDB, MongoDB)
- knowledge of GraphQL
- understanding of Azure Pipelines or similar
- an understanding of finance industry, specifically pensions
BENEFITS YOU GET IN RETURN:
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support and a great office environment*, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
HOW TO APPLY:
* this role is available as remote / office based, with an expectation to work a couple of days a month in the office when government guidelines state it is safe to do so.
How do we deal with sensitive information
Please be aware not all of our vacancies are open to agencies and may be available to direct candidates only.
Mattioli Woods does not promote sending speculative CVs. However, any speculative CVs sent to us will be treated as the property of Mattioli Woods plc and will be considered void within 6 months if no relevant role is available within that time-frame.