Our recruitment team places great importance in finding the right candidate for the right job and we aim to ensure that the recruitment process is fair and transparent for all candidates.
If you are interested in a career at Mattioli Woods, read on to discover what you can expect from our recruitment process.
Every one of our employees is a valued member of the team. Whether you join us as an apprentice or in a senior position, you can expect to receive the same level of support to develop your skills, confidence and career.
We know that finding the right role can be overwhelming. As a result, we want all candidates – from entry-level to leadership – to experience a fair and transparent recruitment process.
Our selection process is an important part of our culture. We have therefore broken it down below, mapping out the process your application may follow.
A family business with family values, we endeavour to look after our staff and believe in rewarding our people with a comprehensive salary and benefits package. This provides a supportive working environment alongside our commitment to providing coaching and feedback to build a positive work culture.
Mattioli Woods is an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We encourage internal applications across the Group; all our roles are promoted internally before we advertise externally. We are proud of numerous employees’ career development at the company.
We have offices throughout the UK, including in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Leicester, London, Manchester, Newmarket, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Belfast and Leatherhead. However, some of our positions may not be required to be in an office on a full-time basis and we continue to encourage working from home where possible.
- Our vision for the future is to be a leading 21st century financial services business, supporting the quality of life our clients and employees’ desire.
- To do this we have a clear mission, which is to deliver a full range of superior quality products and services in order to create and preserve wealth for our existing and prospective clients. We aim to do this by growing organically and through the acquisition of like-minded and forward-thinking businesses and by investing in the development of our people.
- We have identified core values and the behaviours we expect from all employees to help Mattioli Woods become a 21st century business:
We value - Expertise and Professionalism…this can be demonstrated by:
- Gaining relevant qualifications to improve your competence and to put you on the right career path
- Keeping up to date with competitor and sector developments affecting your area
- Having strong ethical standards and adhering to all compliance requirements in all areas of your work
- Getting things right first time and resolving issues quickly where necessary, preferably before it is delivered to the client; keeping everyone informed about any system problems or time shortage
- Sharing your ideas about how we can improve our working practices and business offerings
We value - The Client Relationship…this can be demonstrated by:
- Delighting your clients by delivering, whenever possible, over and above their expectations
- When you are introduced to someone, show them you are really happy to meet them
- Keeping your promises
- Being pro-active – thinking and planning ahead
- Taking personal responsibility when things go wrong and by doing things before you have to be asked to do them
- Focusing on accuracy, timeliness and keeping clients and colleagues informed and updated throughout the process
We value – Integrity…this can be demonstrated by:
- Being open and honest, discussing any differences openly, and saying ‘no’ when you need to
- Keeping confidences when you are asked to
- Feeling as proud about your colleagues’ achievements as you do about your own
- Speaking to the appropriate person to get accurate information
- Being helpful, respectful and supportive to colleagues and clients at all times
- If you find an error someone else has made bring it to their attention in a supportive manner – so they can put it right quickly and ensure they learn from their mistake (nobody sets out to do a bad job)
As a company, we pride ourselves in building long-term relationships to provide trusted advice, high standards, and a personalised delivery. We are therefore looking for candidates who can provide high-level quality of work, exceptional customer service and dedication to their role.
We pride ourselves in providing a fun, fair and rewarding place to work.
Discover more about the Mattioli Woods team, culture and values.
Each of our employees has a different strength, talent and focus. Our culture enables all employees to be inspired to share their passions and ideas.
In order to achieve the very best for our clients, we have an incredibly diverse range of job roles including client facing roles and the critical support roles.
Our people genuinely enjoy what they do, and this makes all the difference in creating a friendly and vibrant place to work. To support this, our teams attend and get involved in regular events, whether that be through CSR initiatives or staff socials.
We take pride in developing your skills, allowing you to reach your career goals. We are committed to providing training, which is designed to build on existing abilities with a view to not only increase your job satisfaction but also continue to enhance the service experience we provide to our clients.
We are a leading provider of wealth management and employee benefits. From our network of offices across the UK, we deliver strong, sustainable shareholder returns and help our clients develop balanced financial plans throughout their lives.
In addition to excellent career progression, training, support, great office environment and flexible working opportunities you will also have the chance to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
All staff have access to a benefits package that includes: Share Incentive Plan, Group Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection and Health Cash Plan. For more details please refer to our Benefits Package page.